Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Tots Favorite Casserole

Our family has a new favorite casserole--Tater Tot Casserole!  My son will literally eat almost half of casserole at sitting!  He loves it!  My husband, Mr. Picky, even likes it and will request it.

So I thought I would share it will you.  I have had the darn recipe on my desk for almost two weeks to type in so now I am FINALLY going to share it with you!  Remember you can change it up some and it still is great!  I have the subsitutes I do in italics.  Let me know how your family likes it.

Tater Tot Casserole

1 1/2 lbs of raw hamburger or ground turkey
1 qt of drained green beans or 1 can of any type of vegetable
1 can of Chedder cheese soup or 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
1 medium onion (chopped) or 1 tbsp of dry onions
1 lb of tater tots
Salt and pepper
1 cup of grated cheese

Crumble raw hamburger in bottom of casserole.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and onions.  Cover with beans.  Spread soup on top of beans.  Top with tater tots to make cover.  Bake at 350 degree for 1 hour.  Add grated cheese the last 15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. What type of grated cheese do you use? Cheddar? (If so, mild or sharp?) Mozzarella?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Mozeralla (sp?) but you could use cheddar.

    ReplyDelete

Frugal Tractor Mom Headline Animator

Feed Counter

Visitor Counter

Search Engine

Custom Search