Monday, February 15, 2010

Let's Try to This Again....

I keep wondering why I listen to the weatherman. I was hoping that my first blog would be about how beautiful the new snow looks this morning, but it's just not to be! Just because we live in the South doesn't mean we can't have just a little good snow! Oh well, come on wedge, we're not giving up on you yet!


Yesterday I baked most of the afternoon. I made my grandmother's Lemon Glazed Pound Cake. I found this recipe with her recipes when we moved into her house three years ago. It brings back so many memories for me! I love that I found it.



I also worked on perfecting my bread. I got a "new" breadmaker last month from a friend and we are trying to get use to each other. I use to have one when I first got married but sold it in a yard sale because I quit using it. I decided to start baking since money has been getting kind of tight with a new baby in the house. My husband said I'm getting close to the old bread, so I keep trying.





I have just discovered Swagbucks! If you have not discovered Swagbucks, check out my link and start earning your own points (by the way, you'll be help me earn too)! You can redeem them for really great stuff. You earn points for simply using Swagbucks to google. I have been doing My Points. It's different from Swagbucks in that they send you email to try new websites and if you click on the email you get so many points. I'm saving up for Red Loster gift cards!





The waterheater is, well, not being a good waterheater today. My husband is trying to but the life back into it this morning. I sure hope he can get it fixed. I would love to take a hot shower!





Thanks for reading this first post! Come back and let's share together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frugal Tractor Mom Headline Animator

Feed Counter

Visitor Counter

Search Engine

Custom Search